As I was preparing for my son to return to preschool this fall, I knew we wanted to participate in a cute "First day of school" photo op. After some shopping, I couldn't find what I was looking for. The colors weren't quite my taste and I wasn't into sharing all my kid's information–at least not on the front. I've always loved pennant flags so I designed PreK to 6th grade and added the writeable part on the back so that it makes a great keepsake after the pictures are taken. I can't wait to see my son hold up his Oxford blue flags! Don't worry, we have a Dusty Rose version available, too.
Here are the materials you need:
Heavy duty glue (I used a hot glue gun)
Thin wooden dowels
Optional: Your choice of embellishments or ribbons
Optional: A bone folder for easier folding
Here are the ribbons shown in the images:
-Other search words: velvet ribbon, grosgrain ribbons
Follow these steps:
1. Cut along the banners and cut off the corners shown on the sheets.
2. Gently fold along the dotted lines where you will insert your wooden dowel.
3. Place your dowels on the back of the pennant and glue. The folded portion should go over the dowel.
4. Optional: Add your embellishments and ribbons of choice. Have fun!
5. Fill out the back portion of the pennant.
6. Get your phones out and capture their big day! Tag us @foragepaperco so we can repost it.